Cashbox Canada Magazine is hosting an International Indie Showcase at MIDEM June 4-7, 2019 Morrison’s Irish Pub, 10 rue Teisseire, Cannes, France. Cashbox Canada Magazine is soliciting submissions from export-ready companies with international experience who represent export-ready artists for the 17th annual showcase (formerly Canadian Blast) at Morrison’s Irish Pub (10 rue Teisseire, Cannes, France) during MIDEM.
For the past 17 years, Canada has presented showcases at MIDEM, providing Canadian music companies with a strategic opportunity to showcase their artists to the world's largest gathering of international talent and music buyers. This has emerged as the longest-running initiative at MIDEM. The tradition continues with Cashbox Canada Magazine presenting a full spectrum of indie music genres & styles from Canada and across the world.
The Showcase Package will be €1,500 (Eur) per showcase with a deposit required upon acceptance (fee schedule in the application form)
and will include the following:
- Invitation to VIP Meet and Greet Prior to Showcase Date
- One 30-minute festival-style showcase at Morrison’s (final dates/times to be confirmed)
- One sound-check prior to the showcase
- Technical support in the form of the quality condition, basic festival backline equipment
- Advance and onsite Publicity through Cashbox Canada Magazine at MIDEM
- Advance personal interview and story in Cashbox Canada Magazine Post coverage of Showcase
- Promotion through social media sites
- Posters / Flyers distributed throughout MIDEM
- Trade specialist to support showcase onsite
- Advance Touring Consultant Available upon Confirmation.
Although the cost of submission seems pricey, Canadian and International acts can qualify for travel funding through government and once confirmed a letter of invitation can be supplied to facilitate the process of grant applications.
Criteria for Submission:
- Artist must be export-ready
- Each artist must have a business representative registered at MIDEM and be available onsite to work alongside trade specialist to pre-promote individual showcases
- Company representing must have the legal authority to act as an agent or negotiate and license all rights (master, publishing, digital, etc.) on behalf of the artist.
- A company representing the artist must agree to complete a post-event survey and report to Cashbox Canada Magazine on business outcomes, and continue to report back in future on successes resulting from their showcases.
Showcase spots are by application. You can apply to purchase more than one showcase
Space is limited. Please apply as soon as possible.
Cashbox Canada Magazine at MIDEM showcase series is separate from any other showcases at MIDEM 2019.
Artists are responsible for securing all work permits.
How To Submit Your Artist:
To submit your artist for consideration 2019, please complete our Artist Showcase Submission Form.
For further inquiries on the Cashbox Canada Magazine Showcase at MIDEM, please contact Sandy Graham, CEO/Editor in Chief Cashbox Canada email@example.com