It is that time of year again when Toronto prepares for their annual music festivals. One of the great ones that are truly supportive of the indie acts who are not signed to a major label is Indie Week.
This year the event is November 13-17, 2019, and has various locations for live shows, panels, mentoring and much more. The folks at Indie Week are offering a discount until January 15, 2019, and you can apply here to perform: http://indieweek.com/iwcan/apply
Indie Week features:
- VIP Launch Party
- Indie Week Awards
- Indie101 Music + Tech conference
- Health & Wellness Day
- Industry mixers
- Demo Listening Sessions
- Industry Panels
- Mentorships + More!
Indie Week Canada has become one of Canada’s premiere indie music festivals showcasing acts from all over the world in front of music industry professionals.
Indie Week offers 5 nights of showcases, late last call after parties serving until 4 am, multiple venues, music industry panels, industry mixers, demo listening sessions, mentorships, sponsored stages and more
- Indie Week is open to all genres except comedy and cover acts
- Bands/artists must not be signed directly to a major label
- Bands signed to an indie label with major distribution are still allowed to apply
The Gig Details
- All entrants will receive a complimentary ALL ACCESS pass for all band members to attend Indie101 music and tech conference 2019 (valued at $125 CAD/each)
- Basic backline (2 guitar amps, 1 bass amp, 4 piece kit) and sound equipment supplied at every venue
- Set times and lengths vary by showcase and venue
International traveling from outside of Canada will receive at least 3 performance slots
- National acts traveling from outside Ontario will receive at least 2 performance slots
- Reduced rates at hotels on per band basis and subject to capacity
- Indie Week books paid performances throughout the year and will often select artists who have applied to the festival.
For more visit: